Kangana Ranaut’s appeal for transfer of her proceedings to another court was dismissed by a sessions court in Dindoshi on Friday. Kangana had filed a plea against an order by an additional chief metropolitan magistrate regarding the transfer of lyricist Javed Akhtar’s defamation proceedings against her.
Kangana Ranaut had commented against Javed Akhtar in connection with Sushant Singh Rajput’s death and accused him of being a part of certain gang of Bollywood.
In response, Javed Akhtar filed a defamation cast against Ranaut last November for making “defamatory and baseless comments” against him.
Kangana in her application said that she did not have faith in the 10th court as the court was insisting on her personal appearance without any valid reason. According to Ranaut, the Andheri Metropolitan Magistrate RR Khan, wanted to intentionally cause her an injury by misusing his power.
“This court is threatening the accused on every date of issuing an arrest warrant without giving any sufficient cause. The order is ‘grossly erroneous’ and the court should set it aside and direct the transfer of the proceedings to any other court.”Kangana’s application
However, the plea had been rejected by the court. The Court observed that the Andheri Magistrate’s order was judicial and was not biased as alleged by Kangana Ranaut. The Court said that the allegations of the actor is vague and she failed to make a concrete case to show that her apprehension is reasonable.
The Andheri Magistrate had issued a notice to Ranaut after she failed to be present at the court for hearing. The Magistrate also warned Kangana, that if she fails to appear for the next hearing, an arrest warrant will be issued against her.