The Central Government has notified the Supreme Court collegium of the transfer of Seven High Court justices :
- Justice Rajan Gupta – Punjab & Haryana High Court to Patna High Court
- Justice TS Sivagnanam – Madras High Court to Calcutta High Court
- Justice Sureshwar Thakur – Himachal Pradesh High Court to Punjab and Haryana High Court
- Justice PB Bajanthri – Karnataka High Court to Patna High Court
- Justice Sanjeev Prakash Sharma – Rajasthan High Court to Patna High Court
- Justice T Amarnath Goud – Telangana High Court to Tripura High Court
- Justice Subhash Chand – Allahabad High Court to Jharkhand High Court
The suggestion to transfer five of them, Justices Rajan Gupta, PB Bajanthri, Sanjeev Prakash Sharma, T Amarnath Goud, and Subhash Chand, was initially made at a Collegium meeting on September 16 and was confirmed in a meeting on September 21.
On September 16, a recommendation was also made in the case of Justice TS Sivagnanam.
The proposal to transfer Justice Sureshwar Thakur was made at the Collegium meeting on September 21.
The Government notified the transfer of 15 High Court justices on October 5. The Centre notified the selection of new Chief Justices for 13 High Courts by transfer of elevation on October 9.